Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Fire

On Monday, when I walked my kids to school (the first day back from our trip to Utah for Thanksgiving) I saw this:





These pictures were taken directly in front of the school where my kids attend. This is also less than a 1/2 mile from my house - we walk to school most every day. I asked a few teachers on the way into school if they knew anything about the fire, but no one did. Fortunately, it was apparently put out quickly since only a portion of the brush in this area was burned. It could have been really bad because there's a lot of plant material there and next to the school are aparments and condos; and across the street is very dense housing. I still haven't been able to find out any details about this fire, but I thought it would make for an interesting blog. Good thing I had my camera in the car when I took Elise to school later in the morning so I had these pix to share!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I didn't even notice that tree?! Wow, good thing it was put out quickly!