Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Pajamas

I have tried to make pajamas for the kids for the past few years each Christmas. I didn't get it done last year, but this year I got help from Brittney. A few years ago Brittney took a sewing class and so she knows the basics. I purchased a second sewing machine after she completed her class so that I'd have one for her to use. This turned out to be a great help this year. I think that Brittney got 4 pairs sewn together in the time it took me to sew 1 pair (since I accidentally sewed the wrong pieces together with a triple stitch and hand to un-do all that work!)
Anyhow, here's Brittney sewing away:
I was cutting out the fabric that Brittney chose while she started sewing the first 2 pairs of pjs:
Then we were both sewing - dueling sewing machines! (I know, I look like I'm sewing in my sleep, I was going on very little sleep come Christmas Eve).
And, here's the completed project - I think they turned out pretty cute (even though a couple kids weren't too thrilled about picture time!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

those look so cute. Every time I try I mess them up big time. Maybe I should take some lessons from you.

Kayla Pearson said...

I'm impressed! The pjs look comfy and cute! Merry Christmas!

Rach said...

Can Brittney give me some sewing lessons? I've never been brave enough to try Christmas pajamas. Maybe next year!

Jennie Minor said...

I LOVE those pj pants. You have TALENT, and so does Brittany! I need to learn how to do all that stuff. Preston would be so happy.