This is the super-easy sewing project: I bought the fabric for these pillows probably 2 years ago. I found it on clearance at Wal-mart and thought it would make cute floor pillows for the girls' room. I finally bought some cheap standard-size pillows at Target a week or two ago, and the pillows were finally sewn together yesterday. I used 2 pillows sewn together length-wise inside each floor pillow. The girls love them.

This next project is my first "daisy kingdom" dress. I made it for Brittney to wear for the Primary Program which our ward had yesterday. This fabric was also purchased about 2 years ago at Wal-mart on clearance. The 2 fabrics were originally going to be 2 separate dresses, but I decided to try them together for this pattern. It's by far the most difficult dress I've ever sewn with the piping and big poofy sleeves, but it all went together just fine. I actually cheated on the pattern a bit and that's why the sleeves don't "poof" quite as much as they should. There's at least 6 yards of fabric in that dress, and it called for probably another 2. I only did 1 underskirt instead of 2 and I didn't line the sleeves. I think I would like it better had I used different fabric, but Brittney likes the dress and that's the most important thing. I felt her hair needed to be up with this dress and this is what I came up with. Basically, I just curled her hair, put in in a pony-tail and then bobby-pinned the curls in place.

And of course, Brittney will be Brittney:

No comments:
Post a Comment