Sorry, no pictures with this post. I'm going to place some of the blame for my lack of blogging in recent weeks to the fact that Art has been traveling lately. He was gone 2 of the last 3 weeks and was sick the week he was home. Really, I can't place complete blame there - but I have been extra busy because of his absence and haven't had a lot of time to sit at the computer.
While Art was in Atlanta this last week, he called to give me an update. For those of you who don't know, Art has been working on a piece of software that is used for managing chemotherapy dosing (if I understand it correctly). The company is trying to get this piece of software "out the door" and so, he's had to travel back east to meet with the other team members working on the project in order to get things moving more quickly. (There's a bit of a lag when you're emailing someone instead of going to their desk and hovering over them until they do what you need done). So, the CEO let everyone on the team know that starting the week of March 22nd they'd be getting together every other week until the project is done. For me, this means I have Art for 2 weeks and then he'll be back east every other week.
We're not complaining though - we're counting our blessings: Art has a stable job and they NEED HIM! With the per diem he gets paid when traveling, we'll actually net a little extra money. He'll be racking up the airline miles and MAYBE I'll be able to join him on a trip to Florida one of these times. I still get him on Saturdays and since he's usually flying out on Sunday after church - he should get some extra days off for those Sunday travel days.
In these crazy economic times, I have so much to be grateful. We know people who have lost jobs and homes, not to mention hope. I'm so glad that we have the Gospel and that I'm able to have hope for the future and have a positive outlook - counting and recognizing the blessings that we have. It can be tough, being a mom to six kids with Art gone - but when he's in town, he's here working from home and at least he has a secure job. That's more than a lot of people have these days. I can't complain - we've got so much to be thankful for.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Love those blessing. Hope your doing great.
Post a Comment