Saturday, January 17, 2009

Locks of Love

This is Brittney Thursday afternoon (January 15). As you can see, she has beautiful, long hair. It's really only been trimmed over the years - I think we cut off a couple inches once.
Over the last several months we've talked about cutting her hair and donating it to Locks of Love, the charitable organization that makes customized hair pieces for children who have permanent hair loss. Brittney took the plunge Thursday afternoon.Getting her hair washed.
The first cut.


The new style is taking shape.
A cute new cut, for a cute girl.
Brittney with her ponytail to be sent in to Locks of Love - it measured about 13 inches from tip-to-tip. We actually took another inch or so off after that initial cut. So, what do you think?

8 comments:

Russ said...

Sooo awesome! What an incredible gift to give someone!

Lisa said...

I love the new look!!

Rach said...

Wow, 13 inches!! Love the new hair cut, it looks very cute!

Pout In Beads said...

Brittney's hair looks sooo good! That's such a wonderful gift for her to give to a child. Tell her we're so proud of her!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the new haircut! It looks fabulous! That reminds me I've got a ponytail still sitting in my bedroom that I need to mail off! You guys rock!

Anonymous said...

You are so incredible. Way to go!!! Your new look is perfect!!!! We love you!!!

Marcy said...

She looks adorable! What a special girl to want to do something like that. I love it!

Jennie Minor said...

LOVE IT! it looks so cute on her.