Monday, January 26, 2009

Dear Mr. President

Last week, following the inauguration, Joseph's 1st grade class wrote letters to the new president, first lady, and/or their 2 daughters. Joseph wanted to write to all of them, so he brought his papers home to finish. I "sneeked a peek" at his letter to the president, and I just had to copy it and blog it. Here is what he wrote (with his spelling):

Dear Barack Obama,

Do you know my famley is not ritch. So will you give my famley some money? PLEASE. So we can buy the stuf we need?

  • yes
  • no
from, Joseph

So, I guess I have a bit of a socialist for a son. Either that, or he just knows that I tell him "no, we can't afford that" too often and he figured he'd just ask the president to help us out so he could have the "stuf we need" - you know like more games for the wii, his own DS, etc....

4 comments:

Kayla Pearson said...

You have to love kids! What a fun thing to save for him!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect political commentary! Maybe J has been listening to the debates and knows that that is how he got elected in the first place. Didn't he pretty much promise to solve everyone's problems? I think there are a lot of Americans expecting exactly what J asked him for.

Marcy said...

Oh my, that is hilarious! Love it!

When Spencer asked to buy things, I used to say, "Some other day" and this worked for a few years...not anymore! I think I'll try your phrase for a few more years. lol

Lisa said...

I think I just peed my pants laughing! That was so funny--I hope you write that in your journal too, just precious.