This is, in part, why our blog is titled "Hotel California". We have been living "in limbo" for a while now and are anxious to get into a home in Arizona. Like the Hotel California, we have thus far been unable to leave! So, my life is ruled by trying to keep my home in "showing" condition while trying to raise 6 kids - who are currently still on summer vacation!
A few weeks into this year, my life became driven by a new obsession. You see, I was looking for a way to escape reality, and books are always a great way to do that. So, I picked up a series that had been recommended to me but I had not yet read:

For anyone who has read these books, you know what I mean about "obsession". I read the first 3 books twice within a matter of 2 weeks. I read them a third time about a month later. While waiting for book 4 to come out, I spent many hours on Twilight Series fansites, stepheniemeyer.com, and following the filming of the movie on said fansites. Fortunately for us Stephenie Meyer addicts, "The Host" came out in May which tied me over until the 4th book in the series was release on August 2nd.
Two major family events occurred this summer. The first came on June 28th, when our oldest son, Joshua, was baptized. It was great having family and friends there to support him.

This event was followed 3 days later (July 1 for those who are mathematically challenged - or just too lazy to do the math) by the birth of our 6th child, Seth. Perhaps I'll post more details about these events at a later date.

So, with the above explanations in place, you can understand why I now look (or at least feel) like this...

Combine this with the war in Iraq & Afghanistan, Russia and Georgia at war, sky high energy prices, family values under siege, the impending collapse of world markets, (insert your favorite doomsday theory here)

Thank goodness for chocolate and Twilight (I'm on my 4th go around now - reality is too depressing, let me escape with some good vampire romance)!



1 comment:
Hey guys, welcome to the blogging world!! Wow, things sound busy there. I am looking forward to the Twilight movie too, I wish you were closer so we could see it together. Keep those updates coming.
Post a Comment