So, needless to say, I've been a bit of a slacker in the blogging world. I don't have a good excuse, so we'll by-pass that and just move on to playing catch-up for the last 2 months.
May:
Josh and Art had a successful trip to Knoxville, TN for the Destination Imagination Global Finals. It was a week of fun and creativity. If you're Art's friend on Facebook you can see all the videos and pictures he posted from the event. Josh's team did really well: they placed 15th out of about 50 teams. Not to shabby for a rookie team! They got back just in time to celebrate Joe's 8th birthday on the 31st.
June:
Josh celebrated his 10th birthday on the 2nd. Family came in town for Joseph's baptism on June 12th. We went to Disneyland with JoDee, Miriam, and Lahra on the 11th. The baptism was a wonderful event and it was wonderful to have family in town to share the experience. The kids finally finished the school year on the 23rd and then I celebrated my birthday on the 26th. Josh and Joe had cub scout day camp at Camp Pendelton the week of June 28th and Brittney got to be a youth volunteer at the day camp the whole week. Art volunteered 3 days and Elise and Levi got to attend sibling camp while Art was volunteering. While everyone was having fun at cub camp, I flew to Tucson to visit with my friends Michelle and Denise. We had a blast hanging out together - the highlight being the midnight showing of Eclipse!! While I am a huge Twilight fan, I've never opted to attend a midnight showing until now. It was so much fun! All the audience commentary and reactions were priceless. My favorite was toward the end when Bella is talking with Jacob as he's lying in his bed all bandaged up after the big battle. Bella's basically dumping Jake and telling him she's chosen Edward. The tween girls sitting next to us were actually crying! My friend Michelle and I couldn't stop laughing at this display of emotion and then they cried out to us "stop laughing!!" which, of course made us laugh even harder. So funny. But, I'm sure you had to have been there to truly appreciate it. Anyhow, thank you to my hubby for donating his frequent flyer miles and for watching the kiddos so I could spend some time with my girlfriends soaking up the sun and swooning over vampires and werewolves!
July:
Seth turned 2 on the 1st. I can hardly believe that my baby is 2 years old already. We went to see Toy Story 3 to celebrate his birthday - really cute flick. Seth spent most of the movie walking up and down the stairs in the theater. We celebrated the 4th up in Big Bear with my parents at their cabin. It was fun watching the fireworks over the lake. Brittney managed to adopt a new pet - we now have a hairless rat named Rufus. We were surprised when we headed back home to find that it was actually 20 degrees cooler at home than it was in the mountains! We had the most unseasonably cool, grey, drizzly weather for the whole week. This week it's gotten back to the normal sticky heat of July in the OC. Love the heat - not so much the humidity.
So, that brings us up to date (I think!) I could have forgotten something dreadfully important (like my little sister having her baby on June 24th, or my other sister moving back to the states after 3 years in Chile) but, that's ok because I don't have to share every tiny detail of our lives, now do I?

No comments:
Post a Comment