Friday, January 8, 2010

Winter Break

Well, I just haven't been very good at keeping my blog up to date. Somehow, time seems to be moving a little faster than normal and I just haven't made time for blogging. But, I thought I'd take a minute to mention our great winter break from school.

We started it off with a bang, with Art & I flying out to Florida on Dec 17th (the day before school got out). My parents were kind enough to watch the kiddos for us and Art's employer footed the bill so Art could attend meetings all day on the 18th and the company Christmas party on the 19th. We haven't been away from the kids like that for almost 4 years - so it was a much needed getaway. We had a great time despite the rain and tornado watch on Friday. Saturday was our day to hang out and play, and then we returned on Sunday. It was a perfect little trip.
Juno Beach, FL

The week of Christmas was filled with last minute holiday preparations. Even when I think I have everything planned and ready - there's always last minute stuff to do. Christmas day we had my parents and my sister Crystal's family out for dinner. It was nice for the kids to spend time with their cousins and I believe it was a wonderful holiday shared by all.
The "adult"dinner table
The "kids" - sorry I didn't get a good picture of them

The day after Christmas we decided to go to Sea World one more time before our "Fun Cards" expired. It was really busy (as we expected it would be). But, we got to see a short "4D" version of the Polar Express movie and we also took in the Sea Lion and Otter Show. We decided against staying for the special Shamu Holiday show since it wasn't until evening and we didn't think the kids would last in that busy park that long.

Monday the 28th brought my sister Michelle's family to our home. The kids had been looking forward to their visit for some time now. Michelle and I had a blast hanging out and chatting as only sisters can. We stayed up until 2am at least twice and 4am once. I'm just now recovering from the lack of sleep. But it was so worth it! Tuesday we (my family and Michelle's) spent at the LA Zoo with my parents and my sister Tiffany's family (who I haven't seen for over 2 years since they've been living in Chile). Afterwards, we met up with my sister Crystal's family at my parent's home for pizza and good old family fun. Hopefully, my parents have recovered from having 26 people in their home - 16 of whom were minors.
LA Zoo
Julie, Crystal, Dad, Mom, Tiff, Michelle

Wednesday we got rained out, so instead of going to the beach we hung out at home playing Wii and computer games - I think that was the first night we played Railroad Tycoon also (very long boardgame). Thursday we spent at Boomers - that was a blast. It was the perfect solution for entertaining adults, teens, tweens, and toddlers. Following Lampost Pizza we rang in the New Year with Martinelli's, chips, and ice cream - along with another round of Railroad Tycoon. The morning of the 1st, we got a call from my brother Marty that his son was born. 8 weeks early and weighing 3lbs 15 oz. We're grateful that he arrived safely and that he is now breathing on his own. We were sad when Michelle's family had to leave that day, but hopefully, they'll be back again the end of February (right Michelle?).
Railroad Tycoon
Joe & Marlee racing at Boomers
The Cousins: Seth, John, Ashlynn, Marlee, Brittney, Levi, Joseph, Elise, Michael, Josh

So, all-in-all I'd say we had an awesome winter break. We are so blessed and look forward to what 2010 will bring.

No comments: